Cersonsky, McAnelly & García offers experienced representation from trial through appeals. Unlike many firms, CMG is equipped to handle the trial litigation, including error preservation, filing, briefing and arguing appeals. CMG’s attorneys have numerous published opinions showing their capabilities in researching, reviewing, analyzing and drafting appellate briefs on its clients’ legal disputes, including:
- City of Houston v. Leach, 819 S.W.2d 185 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 1991, no writ)
- Bay Colony, Ltd. v. Trendmaker, Inc., et. al., 121 F.3d 998 (5th Cir. 1997)
- Bank One, Texas v. Stewart, 967 S.W.2d 419 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 1998, pet. denied)
- Catalina v. Cramer Financial Group, Inc. 01-96-00862-CV, 1998 WL 135120 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] March 19, 1998, no pet.) (mem. op., not designated for publication)
- Sixth RMA Partners, L.P. vs. Sibley, 111 S.W.3d 46 (Tex. 2003), cert. denied, 125 S.Ct. 944 (2005)
- Abetter Trucking Company, Inc. v. Juan Angel Arizpe, 113 S.W.3d 503 (Tex. App. –Houston [1st. Dist.] 2003, no pet.)
- Sibley v. Sixth RMA Partners, L.P., 138 S.W.3d 455 (Tex. App. – Beaumont 2004, no pet.) [on remand from Texas Supreme Court]
- BancorpSouth Bank f/k/a Bank of Mississippi v. Albert Prevot, 256 S.W.3d 719 (Tex. App. – Houston [14th Dist.] 2008, no pet.)
- Choy v. Graziano Roofing of Texas, Inc., 322 S.W.3d 276 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2009, no pet.)
- Mariner Fin. Group, Inc. v. Bossley, 79 S.W.3d 30 (Tex. 2002)
- Texas Kidney, Inc. vs. ASD Specialty Healthcare, No. 14-13-01106-CV, 2014 WL 3002425, (Tex. App. – Houston [14th Dist.] July 1, 2014, no pet.) (mem. op.); and
- Prevot v. BancorpSouth Bank, No. 01-12-00986-CV, 2014 WL 4344807, (Tex. App. – Houston [1st Dist.] August 29, 2014, pet. denied) (mem.op.).
CMG prides itself in presenting practical solutions for its clients. The Firm’s attorneys consult with the client about the appeals process, draft and file briefs and present oral argument before the appellate courts throughout Texas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.